I can say I had a very productive day today. Being my birthday I get the day off work, so I decided to get some appointments done while I was off.
I started with a 2.5 hour glucose tolerance test to see if I have gestational diabetes. Due to my fertility problems I am at higher risk so I had to have the 2.5 hour instead of the 1 hour test. It started last night when I couldn’t eat anything after 8:00pm. That wasn’t so bad; we just planned on eating dinner at 7:00 so I wouldn’t feel sick later. In the morning I had to go to the blood lab (keep in mind I have a phobia of needles) and have a pre-test blood level drawn, that one wasn’t so bad. I then had to drink extra sweet orange syrupy pop for breakfast (not really the best thing to start your day on). After 1 hour they took blood again (in the same spot as the first test), and again another hour later. They tried from the same spot but couldn’t get anything so moved on to my other arm. Well the student doing it missed the vein and then continued to move the needle around in my arm until she hit it GROSS. Luckily I was able to leave after that. I didn’t feel too great on the way home and needed to take a nap after I ate some real food but then I felt much better.
After a lot of discussion with Reuben and our midwife about seeing a chiropractor I finally decided to go and see if they thought it could help. I went this afternoon to meet Reuben’s chiropractor to see if he would be willing to take me on as a patient. Reuben’s last chiropractor told me he wouldn’t so I didn’t have high hopes. After explaining my condition to him and having him look at my back he decided that he will do some research before starting anything but he will try and help. He says I have extreme restricted movement in my back and hips and thinks that by stretching out the ligaments he will be able to help get me back to normal after pregnancy. Not much will happen during but at least after I might be better.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment