Reuben took me down for a blood test at 10:00 this morning to see if we were pregnant. After all the food aversions and tiredness I thought it was possible to be pregnant but didn’t want to get my hopes up to high, although I did have a lot of fun scaring Reuben with the idea. After the blood test I went to work and waited for the results. Reuben was going to be home for a bit and then going to work so I had them call my cell phone with the results. Reuben is always checking the answering machine and I didn’t want him to find out that way or delete the message and not tell me until he got home from work between 11 and 12:00am.
I got the call at work and the nurse told me it was POSITIVE. At first I didn’t believe her. We had been trying so long I didn’t think I would ever see that positive result so of course I questioned her and she confirmed it was positive. It was a little low (only 48) but said that it was ok because it was still really early. I‘d have to repeat it on Saturday but it was definitely positive. I didn’t really know what to do or say. I knew I wanted to tell Reuben first but also knew that if I went back into the classroom my co-workers would know. So I called Reuben and told him, but made him promise to visit me before he goes to work. I then told my co-workers and called my sister.
Andrea wanted to know the results as soon as I got them so I promised her I would call her at work and let her know. Well I did call her but I told her it was NEGATIVE! She was coming over Friday night and I wanted to tell her in person so I lied. I’m surprised she didn’t hear Malinda (my supervisor) in the background calling me a “liar”. It made it so much more difficult not to start laughing. Well Andrea was very supportive on the phone as well as her friend Stef who was writing Andrea notes to me while we were on the phone. It made me feel really loved and horrible at the same time. I tell my sister everything and here I am lying to her about something so exciting.
Later I went to dance with my mom (we started taking belly dancing back in March). I knew she was also waiting to hear the results but Reuben and I wanted to tell my parents together so I told her the same story I told Andrea. It was even harder to lie to her because I was sitting right next to her. As long as I didn’t make eye contact I figured she’d buy it. And she did! After talking with my mom I found out that my dad wouldn’t be home tomorrow night (he was going to the Ti-Cat game) and Saturday they are both going to a party. So after talking it over with Reuben we decided that I had to tell them on my own. When I got home from dance I told my mom that I wanted to show her something I bought for Andrea. I gave her a little baby shirt that said “My Grandma Can’t Stop Kissing Me!” It took her a minute to clue in. Finally she said “Oh you lied to me”, I was half expecting to get hit but I didn’t. She then took me to her house to tell my dad. I gave him a baby shirt that said “My Grandpa Is The Best!” His reaction was “What you too?” He seems really happy.
When I got home from my parents I noticed a sign on the bedroom door. Since the day we bought the house we have been “arguing” with each other over what the bedroom is for. Reuben always called it a spare bedroom and I always called it the baby’s bedroom. Well while I was at work Reuben put a sign on the door saying :
Spare Bedroom (crossed off apparently it won't let me type that way here)
Baby’s Bedroom
You Win!
It was so cute. It’s still up! I did everything I could to stay awake until Reuben got home from work. I just wanted to spend a few minutes with him and then about 15 minutes after he got home I went to bed. That was the latest I stayed up in a long time.
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment