Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Thursday October 23

Well apparently Reuben has shared my current status. Yes I have been sick. It's not too bad, nothing that I can't handle. Unfortunately it doesn't effect me until about midnight once I'm already in bed and almost asleep. Throughout the day I just need to make sure that I eat frequently and I'm fine but bedtime is a whole other story. I'm really enjoying food with tomato sauce (pasta, tomato soup, chili, even tomatoes on sandwiches). Well I guess the baby has different ideas of what foods are good to eat and taught me that lesson the hard way. Last weekend I spent lots of time sleeping on the bathroom floor so that Reuben could sleep. I have to say I am a pretty thoughtful wife. The past few days have been much better. I've been able to eat pasta and chili without getting up at night. This seems to be how it works for me though...great for a few days and then not so good for a few. Each week it is a different food that I crave or loath. I've been enjoying a lot more fruit than I used to though. Reuben is needing to buy oranges more frequently then when it was just him eating them. Speaking of Reuben, he has been really supportive with my strange eating habits. He's always asking what I'm able to eat and calls on his way home from work to see if I'm having any strange cravings he can pick up for me. I am very lucky to have such a wonderful husband who is so thoughtful.

I had a dentist appointment last week and apparently I have what my dentist calls "pregnancy teeth" The baby is stealing all my nutrients and my hormones are out of whack so my gums and teeth are extra sensitive. I ended up with a couple cavities too. Due to my "morning" sickness and softened teeth a small dent in 2 teeth expanded so now I need to get fillings yay me! I've never had a regular filling so I'm not looking forward to it. It doesn't help that I have a midwife appointment 1/2 hour after my dentist appointment is finished. I think my mouth might be a little frozen when I get to my next appointment.

I have my next midwife appointment on Monday afternoon so we are both going to go to that. I'll update everyone when we get back.

Like Reuben said. There's really not too much going on which is why I haven't updated the blog in a while. I was struggling to think of something to write. As soon as anything new happens I will update I promise. As for right now I am off to bed. Hopefully I can sleep all night in bed and not on the floor lol.

No comments: